Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting worn down

I made some progress with Mary making a picture schedule for her where she can take each task off and put it in a "done" box when she accomplished it. It took all day Saturday and a lot of lamenating pouches and velcro but I'm glad it is up and running.
I was once told that you could either spend your time setting up a good positive system before or spend it nagging and punishing and yelling afterwards. Both require about the same amount of energy. Ive done both and have seen the value and peace that prevails when I chose to do the former.
However, I'm really worn down from my struggles and it is so hard to put in energy at all. That would probably be my Fibromyalgia flaring up. It always does at inconvenient times.
I have to focus on the little victories. Mary used her schedule two days in a row. At least we are on the right track for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment